Canonical is hiring for the position of Software Engineer/ Developer Engineer in across India. Candidates with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree are eligible to apply for this position. The complete information, eligibility criteria, and requirements are provided below.
|Software Engineer/ Developer Engineer
|Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree
|2019/ 2020/ 2021/ 2022/ 2023/ 2024
|Work From Home
Key Responsibilities for Software Engineer:
- Engage in remote collaboration with a team dispersed globally.
- Develop clean web service APIs utilizing Python (and optionally Golang) to support both command line interface (CLI) and web frontend clients.
- Lead the design and implementation of new features and enhancements, overseeing the entire process from specification to production and ongoing operations at scale.
- Conduct thorough code reviews and evaluate technical designs created by fellow engineers.
- Foster discussions and collaborative efforts to generate effective solutions for various challenges.
- Embrace remote work, with occasional global travel spanning 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events.
Key Responsibilities for Developer:
- Actively participate in team product meetings at various levels, from strategic discussions to day-to-day development progress, providing valuable insights and expertise.
- Engage in ongoing conversations with members of the developer community across multiple platforms, including IRC, social media, product forums, meet-ups, and other relevant channels.
- Collaborate with colleagues from different teams within the company, contributing to efforts aimed at establishing common practices and consistent approaches.
- Address and resolve specific technical challenges identified by users or colleagues, demonstrating problem-solving skills and technical proficiency.
- Contribute to the development of technical documentation to ensure that it aligns with the needs of developer users.
- Create technical articles, presentations, or workshops as part of efforts to enhance the developer experience.
- Identify new opportunities and propose directions for improvement in the overall developer experience provided by the company.
- Deliver presentations at conferences, meetups, or technical events to share expertise and contribute to the broader technical community.
- Enthusiastic about technology and eager to collaborate with a diverse and talented group of individuals.
- Demonstrates curiosity, flexibility, articulation, and accountability in approaching tasks and challenges.
- Places a high value on soft skills, exhibiting passion, initiative, thoughtfulness, and self-motivation.
- Possesses a comprehensive technology background, with a preference for backend code and infrastructure.
- Proficient in the development of public-facing APIs and web applications, preferably using Python and/or Golang.
- Well-versed in both relational and non-relational databases, with the ability to design efficient data models and optimize queries for performance.
- Comfortable utilizing Ubuntu as both a development and deployment platform.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM, or a related field.
- Possesses prior experience in a developer advocacy or community-oriented role.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Ubuntu and the products within the Canonical ecosystem.
Canonical is a pioneering tech firm that is at the forefront of the global move to open source. As the company that publishes Ubuntu, one of the most important open source projects and the platform for AI, IoT and the cloud, we are changing the world on a daily basis. We recruit on a global basis and set a very high standard for people joining the company. We expect excellence – in order to succeed, we need to be the best at what we do. Canonical has been a remote-first company since its inception in 2004. Work at Canonical is a step into the future, and will challenge you to think differently, work smarter, learn new skills, and raise your game. Canonical provides a unique window into the world of 21st-century digital business.
How To Apply?
- First, read through all of the job details on this page.
- Scroll down and press the Click Here button.
- To be redirected to the official website, click on the apply link.
- Fill the details with the information provided.
- Before submitting the application, cross-check the information you’ve provided.