Ciena is hiring for the position of Support Engineer Intern in Gurugram, India. Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree are eligible to apply for this position. The complete information, eligibility criteria, and requirements are provided below.
|Support Engineer Intern
|2021/ 2022 / 2023/ 2024
|Gurugram (Work From Home)
- Respond to incoming calls from our international clients and document, validate, and gather sufficient data to support a technical inquiry.
- Through a variety of communication methods (phone, email, chat), we promptly and professionally address client questions and offer remote technical assistance for problems with our network management tools.
- Investigate and quickly fix platform faults, performance difficulties, and configuration issues.
- When necessary, perform on-call duties around-the-clock and/or work shifts during holidays and the weekend.
- Recover the data you need to contact senior engineers about reported problems.
- Utilise lab research and debugging tools to solve technical issues for customers.
- As necessary, give internal teams customer input.
- Participate in the KCS technical knowledgebase.
- Must possess great communication skills and be able to express themselves both orally and in writing in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capacity to explain technical concepts to stakeholders of all backgrounds.
- After starting the job, there will be time for onsite, in-person training and mentoring for about six months, after which a hybrid work arrangement will be feasible.
- A focus on the needs of the customer and a strong dedication to offering top-notch customer service.
- Ability to prioritise activities well and operate independently in a hectic atmosphere.
- the capacity to identify, troubleshoot, and solve issues.
- Dedicated self-starter with good time management abilities, aptitude for learning new ideas, and willingness to do so.
- A working knowledge of optical networking and transport and switching systems for telecommunications applications.
- Experience working with customers would be advantageous.
- Basic understanding of performance monitoring tools, network management systems, and network protocols (such as SNMP).
- Knowledge of operating systems, databases, and microservices, as well as some basic problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of how fibre optic switching and/or transit equipment works.
Ciena (NYSE:CIEN) is a global leader in optical and routing systems, services, and automation software. We build the world’s most adaptive networks to address ever-increasing digital demands for richer, more connected experiences for all users. For three-plus decades, we’ve brought our innate sense of humanity to our relentless pursuit of innovation. We prioritize deep, collaborative relationships within our teams, and alongside our customers, partners, and communities – local and global.
How To Apply?
- First, read through all of the job details on this page.
- Scroll down and press the Click Here button.
- To be redirected to the official website, click on the apply link.
- Fill the details with the information provided.
- Before submitting the application, cross-check the information you’ve provided.